My very first blogging award EVERRRRRRR! Whoop, whoop!
I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a blogging award that is passed on by bloggers to blogs with less than 200 followers that are worth a read. Liebster is German for ‘beloved’. I am so incredibly honored to have been nominated by -bookfessionschica at http://wp.me/31Mva
Receivers of the Liebster Award must: 1. List 11 Random Facts about yourself. 2. Answer the questions that were asked of you (by the blogger that nominated you). 3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and include link to their blog. 4. Notify the bloggers of their award. 5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
11 random facts about me:
1. I can’t cook or bake. My friends never ask me to “bring a dish” to a party.
2. I read about 40 books a year but I can’t read for more than 30 minutes at a time without moving around. You will never hear me say “I sat down, missed several meals and finished a book.”
3. I work in business but tire easily of business books.
4. I have a car and I like to drive but have zero interest in “cool cars” and couldn’t even tell you the make and year of the car I am driving.
5. I’m a non-stop snacker who is obsessed about my weight. Go figure.
6. I don’t know how to whistle. Or play an instrument.
7. I barely watch TV. The only thing that interests me on TV is sports.
8. I LOVE watching youth sports. And am a crazy fan for my kids.
9. My literary crush is Richard Russo. It used to be John Irving but we broke up after he wrote “In One Person.”
10. I don’t like dogs. We have two cats but I don’t really care about them either. Don’t hate me for that. I am still a very nice person.
11. I am pretty mellow, unless you mess with one of my kids. Then I would say WATCH OUT.
My answers to BookfessionsChica’s questions:
1. If you could meet any author/person you admire, and ask them only one question, who and what would it be? Richard Russo and I would ask him to tell me a story about his hometown that he has not written about yet.
2. Why did you decide to start your blog, and what is your favorite thing about it? I kept forgetting what I recently read and so I started it to keep track of the GOOD books I read. I am not a hater so I don’t write about the bad ones.
3. Which book has been with you the most places? None of them. I read it and I’m done with it.
4. Is there a book that you once gave up on that you would consider revisiting, and why? “In One Person” by John Irving. Because he used to be my literary crush and I’m loyal.
5. Something that you learned recently. I can like a book because the writing is good, even if the story doesn’t capture my attention.
6. Is there a book or piece of writing that impacted your behavior? I don’t know if it has impacted my behavior but one book that I think about almost every day is “Endurance: Shackleton’s Great Adventure” by Alfred Lansing.
7. What is your favourite quote? From Anna Karenina: “Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in it’s own way.”
8. Do you find that you dread or anticipate movie adaptations of books? I enjoy them. My husband loves movies and I can’t really follow most of them. But if I have read the book I feel like I have the upper hand on him. Which is rare.
9. Has a character in a book or film ever reminded you of someone you know? Yes, of course. David Sheff the author of “Beautiful Boy” reminds me of both my husband and myself as we journey with my son in his struggle for sobriety.
10. “We read to know we are not alone.” (C.S. Lewis) Agree or disagree? Agree. Wholeheartedly.
11. If the zombie apocalypse was at hand, and you could only take five books with you before you run for it, which would you choose and why? 1. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. 2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy 3. Straight Man by Richard Russo 4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 5. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
My Questions for Nominees: 1. If you could meet any author/person you admire, and ask them only one question, who and what would it be? 2. Why did you decide to start your blog, and what is your favourite thing about it? 3. Which book has been with you the most places? 4. Is there a book that you once gave up on that you would consider revisiting, and why? 5. Something that you learned recently. 6. Is there a book or piece of writing that impacted your behavior or actions after reading it? 7. What is your favourite quote? 8. Do you find that you dread or anticipate movie adaptations of books? 9. Has a character in a book or film ever reminded you of someone you know? 10. “We read to know we are not alone.” (C.S. Lewis) Agree or disagree? 11. If you could only read five books which would you choose and why?
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Blog Award:
Thank you so much, Bookconfessionschica. This stressed me out and I don’t think my links worked very good, but it was fun anyway!